The Senior Cloud Systems Engineer role is both a 'doer' and 'leader' who will provide architectural support for Microsoft Azure, SharePoint Online, and other related technologies, including on premise systems. The Senior Cloud Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help drive cloud adoption and to provide high-level technical support across the department.
- Manage cloud migration efforts which includes, but is not limited to planning, documentation, designing for SharePoint Online and Microsoft Azure.
- Implement new technologies and provide technical leadership to the department.
- Technical support and solutions related to implementation, configuration, and maintenance of Microsoft Directory Services (on Prem) and Azure AD.
- Develop technical integration plans for business acquisitions.
- Administration and troubleshooting of Windows server systems, TCP/IP WAN network, including DHCP, DNS and related technologies.
- Administration and troubleshooting of MS Active Directory, GPOs, and related MS technologies.
- Administration of server systems backups.
- Research, development, and maintenance of server security in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Research and development/testing of new software and hardware.
- Periodic “Disaster Recovery” drills during non-business hours.
- Evaluate, design and architect server system solutions to meet business requirements.
- Create and maintain appropriate policies and documentation.
- Work within existing trouble ticketing system and self-manage projects in a timely fashion.
- Participation in periodic 24/7 “on call” rotation duty to field critical server system support issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with O365 and SharePoint administration including setup, configuration, monitoring, and quality assurance testing.
- 2+ years of experience in migrating, administering, and monitoring applications on premise and in the cloud with Microsoft Azure as an administrator.
- Experience with O365 Groups interactivity, Group Licensing, Powershell commands, Azure Polices, Compliance, and Governance.
- PowerShell scripting or similar skills to automate tasks.
- Working experience with MS Active Directory, GPOs, and related technologies.
- Solid TCP/IP network knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- WinTel Server/Client hardware and software.
- Microsoft Operating Systems, including Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016.
- Scripting/programming, e.g. VB, Powershell, AutoIT.
- Server backup technologies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic server security and system health monitoring (Windows, Linux/Unix).
- DHCP, WINS, and DNS network services.
- VMWare technologies.
- Microsoft Hyper-V technologies.
- Data mirroring technology.
- Device inventory technology.
- Server/Client Antivirus & security products.
- Data deduplication technology.
- Team player and communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with frequently changing requirements.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Customer service oriented.
- Create required reports in response to management & business user needs.
- Occasional travel and after hours work required.
- Linux/Unix server administration.
- NetApp storage systems technologies preferred.
- Cisco Unified Computing Systems preferred.
- Database administration, esp., MSSQL, AND MySQL.
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange email systems.