Senior Full Stack Developer
The mission of this full-time position is to support full life cycle application development within an Agile team environment. Business and Technical Analysis, Design, Front and Backend Web and API use and development, from conception to deployment and ongoing support. Based on end user specifications.
- Design, implement, and manage Console, and Web based applications implemented using OOP, Client server, Component / Microservice, Data Driven / Data Centric Architectural paradigms.
- Integrate and develop both internal and external APIs.
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade existing systems.
- Support manual and automated QA operations involving user, unit, performance, load, and system testing scenarios and tools.
- Facilitate problem analysis in the capacity of providing production support.
- Perform and participate in code reviews.
- Work and interact closely with other developers, designers, and business and systems analysts and users.
- Support generation of appropriate business and technical analysis, specification, and design documentation in support of projects.
- Work with business partners to ensure properly defined and communicated project requests. Support them in the development of their business requirements and business cases and ensure that business initiatives requiring IT resources are understood and properly supported by all stakeholders.
- Gather application requirements and translate the requirements into technical design specifications.
- Report creation.
- Database design, development, maintenance, and support.
- Legacy Application support.
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies.
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Attention to detail and the desire to analyze and interrogate, systems, processes, and data.
- A self-starter, with the ability to outline and identify tasks and actions needed to facilitate and drive all aspects of one’s project responsibilities.
- This position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to establish priorities, identify potential risks and impacts, and meet deliverable-based deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to cross support and mentor members of the team.
- Strong organizational, communication, and documentation skills.
- Confidence with a willingness to make suggestions and explain one’s reasoning.
Education & Experience:
- College degree.
- Minimum of 6-8+ years development experience in the Microsoft environment.
Proficiency required in the following:
Understanding of the following concepts:
- Synchronous and Asynchronous request and response operations.
- Web versus Form based development and their architectural differences.
- Principles of Multi-Tier development and how it fits in with the MVC development pattern.
- Principles of the term SOLID and the associated development paradigm.
- Principles of OOP.
- Principle of Tight Coupling vs. Disassociated/Loose Coupling development.
- Principles of Component based and Services / Microservices design.
- Principles of Data Driven and Data Centric development.
- Knowledge of Request Response paradigm, and HTTP verbs POST, GET, PUT, DELETE.
- Pros and Cons of POST over a Query String.
- Database operational principles.
- Transactional processing.
- Software development security principles and techniques.
- Error trapping, handling, logging.
- Differences between MVC and Razor page projects.
- User Experience with Atlassian development lifecycle tools such as Jira, Bit Bucket, Confluence, and Bamboo.
- Development methodologies such as Agile.
- MS Office suite.
- Nuget, open-source code, Git.
- Visual Studio 2019 and greater.
- SQL Server 2016 and greater.
- Business Analysis and ability to translate the effort into both Business requirement specification and technical design documents.
- The ability to identify and translate business process workflow into software workflow definitions and technically implementable concepts.
- Translate technical issues, definitions, and concepts into the Business processes and concepts.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to develop and work with requirements documents and Use Case definitions.
- Ability to develop test cases and perform QA activities.
- Ability to translate complex business needs and problems into technical specs.
- 2-3 years as a Project Lead.