Senior Manager of Outsourced Accounting Services
The position of Senior Manager-Outsourced Accounting Services (OAS) at Client combines controller responsibilities with the opportunity to think and work like an entrepreneur while enjoying the benefits of a progressive and flexible environment.
Looking for a place to build your career? This position offers career progression, professional development, and significant upward mobility within client.
Seeking leadership opportunities? By leading an accounting staff team, the OAS Manager will play a key role in shaping and developing one of the firm’s fastest growing service lines.
Want to work in a forward-thinking technology-driven firm? OAS is one of the fastest growing service lines at the firm, part of the expanding technology-focused Advisory Services, and an integral component of the organization’s strategic growth plan.
Love accounting but not Tax Season hours? This is a great opportunity that provides unlimited potential without all the hours associated with more traditional service lines
- Serve as the Controller for small to mid-size, private companies in a variety of industries.
- Lead a team to provide cloud-based full-cycle, real-time accounting function.
- Review client interim and year-end financial statements.
- Onboard new clients and assist with transition.
- Ensure proper workflow for accounting processes and adhere to controls over accounting transactions. Research, understand, and apply complex accounting concepts and understand processes and internal controls.
- Continually drive technology advancements.
Client Service Responsibilities
- Serve as a first-line representative of the firm with clients, vendors, business partners, and other client service lines and niches.
- Offer financial advice and solutions to help clients succeed.
- Provide exceptional client service while maintaining strong client relationships and satisfaction.
- Responsible for client billing process.
Staff Development Responsibilities
- Attract, develop, motivate, and mentor staff by providing training, coaching, and career guidance.
- Foster a team environment.
- Appropriately delegate work to staff.
Business Development Activities
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying and meeting with target clients.
- Develop success in securing new clients.
- Actively sell additional services to existing clients.
- Coach and assist staff in business development activities.
- Active CPA license.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry as part of an accounting function.
- Experience in all facets of accounting department (e.g. a/p, a/r, payroll, g/l, monthly close process), and knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong operational and technical accounting background, including ability to research complex technical accounting issues independently.
- Experience with a variety of cloud-based accounting technologies; forward-thinker open to new ideas and a desire to try new technologies and processes.
- Demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience developing and mentoring other team members.
- Professionalism and discretion in interacting with firm leadership and client executives.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to address executive level audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Located in Downtown St. Louis.