Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst position is responsible for developing and executing formal test plans for the division’s software applications. Participates in test planning, writing test cases, test automation and test execution.
- Manages, develops, and executes formal test plans in collaboration with product owners and software development teams.
- Defines and oversees QA automation strategy and execution for all deliverables.
- Aligns testing strategies and execution of an Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Resolves technical issues and ensures the completion of tests in accordance with required schedule.
- Creates and maintains testing standards.
- Creates a process for automating the testing function.
- Identifies and develops documentation that proves the quality of an issue(s) under review. The documentation includes, but is not limited to, test plans, test strategies, test cases, test automation and test execution.
- Works closely with developers to accurately define all issues and determine a feasible resolution.
- Performs load testing of applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio.
- Ability to write SQL queries used for testing data changes.
- Strong understanding of programming methodologies.
- Strong understanding of application life cycle.
- Proven experience working with QA methodologies.
- Ability to quickly understand and gain domain expertise in highly complex existing application and architectures.
- Ability to work independently and create plans that align with the division goals.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on implementation and execution experience in quality assurance processes.