Published: October 16, 2020
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Proactively monitors the database systems to ensure that available and secure services are provided to IT customers with a minimum of downtime.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development.
- Creates, maintains, and tests backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the databases including rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes.
- Provides trend analysis to the management team enabling them to make informed decisions regarding resources.
- Develops sufficient knowledge of the current IT applications and technology such that solutions meet the division’s objectives.
- Acquires knowledge of emerging technologies to analyze and offer solutions to current business application challenges.
- Develops and enforces division’s IT application standards.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on database projects.
- Ability to manage internal and external MS SQL database security.
- Strong analytical, organizational, documentation and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment.
Minimum Level of Preparation/Training Normally Required:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in developing windows and/or web based SQL applications.
- 1-3 years of experience in a database management role.
- Experience managing multiple Microsoft SQL 2005/2008 on large systems.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases.
- In depth, hands-on experience with Transactional SQL, and stored procedures.
- In depth SQL server database administration experience.
- Microsoft SQL server certification is preferred.