The manager assesses the company’s present data systems and gives recommendations on how to maximize productivity by upgrading to newer and more versatile applications. They are responsible for interviews of users in each department and analyzes their needs, makes recommendations on the proper software applications each user needs based on his broad knowledge of software applications and present these recommendations to Executive Management. In addition to software analysis, the Application Support/LAN Admin Manager must also provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to the end users across all functions of the company working directly with additional IT staff within to create a systematic support strategy.
Experienced and thorough application and LAN Administration support Manager representing the overall software/hardware needs of the company. Software includes network and computer applications. Analyzing networking needs, recommend systems for purchase, purchasing hardware and software applications, configuration of the system, installation of the software, testing of the system, implementation of the system to the whole company and maintaining system integrity. Recommendation of software and installation after purchase and tests these applications to see if any driver and hardware conflicts arise, makes the necessary modifications to make sure the whole system is well maintained.
- Ability to recommend technical solutions that enhance performance or increase efficiency.
- Analyze each support request for root cause, determine if the issue could be prevented by changes in the software or business processes, and outline change recommendations.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Use deductive problem solving skills to investigate and solve a broad range of problems.
- Help improve products and processes through the use of technical and non-technical solutions.
- Recognize end-users’ need for additional products and services.
- Provide support to enterprise application installations, through troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades and problem resolution.
- Provide documentation on installation and configuration procedures.
- Support Telephony equipment and related software.
- End User Training and Support.
- Travel to office locations to perform onsite installation, support and training.
- Help the business determine implementation strategies.
- In-between projects, oversee or provide hardware and application support, including receiving, logging, and resolving customer issues/requests via email, and / or telephone. Ensure reported incidents and resolutions are documented for future reference.
- Ability to install, configure & maintain PC’s, network, and peripheral equipment to support IT hardware.
- Oversee / Participate in on-call services.
- Ability Remotely connect to users’ computers, solve issue if possible or provide details to next tier support for further analysis and resolution.
- Capture details of each support request in a ticketing system.
- Act as liaison between users and higher tier support.
Position Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a highly relevant topic.
Project / Functional Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks based on management direction and meet deadlines while producing consistent error-free work.
- Ability to successfully collaborate across departments and teams.
- Proven ability to drive projects forward and ability to effectively communicate progress and/or barriers to stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Excellent independent reasoning and sound judgment.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to clients and all associates and by having a positive attitude.
- Must be highly organized, detail focused and results oriented.
- Self –Starter / Team oriented.
- Proven ability to execute marketing and promotion campaigns.
- Excellent written, verbal, telephone and interpersonal skills to communicate with a diverse population.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution.
- Troubleshooting skills and experience required.
- A passion for problem solving and learning how our business software works.
- Ability to interact effectively with both non-technical users and highly technical users.
- Willingness to research and figure out complex software and IT systems.
- A desire to make things more efficient - enjoys initiating change.
- 4+ years of experience working with Microsoft based products and operating systems with preference given to those with experience in the homebuilding industry.
- Experience maintaining Windows-based networks.
- Experience with managing Domo business intelligence tools preferred.
- Tier 2 Helpdesk support abilities.
- Technical expertise in DNS, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN technology, Ethernet protocols.
- Technical expertise with Windows 8.1 workstations.
- Experience with Sales Simplicity, Builder MT, Sage, Pipeline is a plus.
- Two-six (2-6) months to be proficient.
- Primarily normal office conditions, occasional exposure to weather conditions.
- Position requires 10%-20% local travel by personal car.