We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to work in our client’s Information Technology Department. We are looking for someone to join an existing and growing team that is working on innovative and leading-edge solutions.
The position is responsible for accomplishing project objectives through leadership, team building, planning, expectation management, and risk mitigation. The position works closely with software development teams, internal business stakeholders, and external customer contacts. The position is responsible for leading new software development, changes to existing software, implementation of products for customers, and production support. The position works in a matrixed environment and collaborates across many cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives.
- 7+ years of technical IT project management experience.
- Must have a technical background with a background in software development preferred.
- Experience with video media creation and distribution is a plus.
- PMP certification a plus.
Must have experience with:
- Project management best practices and the ability to implement them in a process maturing environment.
- Project management using agile/iterative SDLC methodologies.
- Collaboration with project teams for elicitation of estimates.
- Creation and maintenance of schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Modeling tasks, estimates, and various execution strategies to find the most efficient approach.
- Requirements elicitation and management.
- Quality assurance best practices.
- The use of defect tracking software.
- Meeting facilitation and presenting to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Leading cross-functional project resources in a matrixed organization with no direct supervisory authority over resources.
- Conflict resolution.
- Managing projects in a development shop with a Microsoft technology stack.
- New software development.
- Enhancements to existing production systems.
- Leadership of technical teams implementing highly technical solutions.
- Managing expectations of internal and external stakeholders each with different objectives.
- Highly organized and excel at multi-tasking and task prioritization.
- A self-starter that can self-manage their daily workload based on team, department, and business level priorities.
- Able to work with external customers on the implementation of technology solutions.
- Accountable for project deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Demonstrating strong problem-solving skills.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Reporting: This position will report to the Program Manager.