Technical Support Specialist I
The Technical Support Specialist I assists in the day to day operations of the LAN, including responding to and resolving helpdesk issues, developing and supporting data transfers between the company and its clients, maintaining the corporate antivirus infrastructure, and maintaining the critical system backup environment. This positions also provides support, maintenance, and repair of the equipment, connectivity to the network and troubleshooting of end user system problems and issues.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages the network connectivity, data and voice communication aspects of all applications and systems across the company.
- Monitors security solutions, including anti-virus and anti-spam applications.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Develops and implements training plans for end users in appropriate use of PCs.
- Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Receive and respond to incoming helpdesk phone calls and e-mails regarding software, hardware, website, or networking problems in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide support for all corporate file transfers to and from clients.
- Demonstrates analytical ability in solving moderate problems in troubleshooting client PC and local area network.
- Provide primary support for anti-virus and anti-spam applications including verification of definition updates and compliance.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of local area network administration.
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft Client and Server operating systems and applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to appropriately prioritize tasks.
- Good analytical skills to analyze/resolve technical processes or problems.
- Good communications skills are required as well as maintaining a customer focus.
- Good organizational skills.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of network administration experience at a junior level, utilizing system software, hardware as well as voice and data communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.